Thursday, July 23, 2009

Warning: Proud Momma

So this blog is a good month behind...I'll hurry and update!
Most nights the boys ride bikes (at dusk). Well Tanner's training wheel wouldn't stay on...just kept coming loose. So he convinced his daddy he was old enough to ride without them. While daddy took them off...mommy geared him up with every possible bike pad. It was a little bit of a rocky start but by the 2nd day he was off and riding...by the 1st week he could already turn around by himself. Now he is working on starting himself off. I don't have any pictures of him riding, just video...I'll spare you from hearing me cheer him on.
That's Tanner's big accomplishment...as for Porter he has a couple big one's as well!
He is talking alot better...its funny to hear his personality coming out. Although I do need to get him into speech, he has made remarkable strides. When Tanner got his training wheels off..it really made Porter sad to ride his old bike around. We told him if he got out of diapers we would let him go pick out a new bike. So the next day he ran around naked all day...with no accidents. The next couple days he wore underwear, only wearing a diaper when we left the house. Within 2 weeks he was totally potty trained and riding his new bike. I'm so glad the bike bribe worked to get him out of diapers...so now I'll only have the baby in them.
As for Rusten and I we are getting ready for lil' girl to be here in 5 weeks...if not sooner. We are excited and ready to start this next chapter in life!
Here's some pictures of the boys riding: Porter's big boy bike
Porter giving Tanner a push to start him off
Excited about his bike wounds
1st of many Happy boys (excuse the dirty faces)

3 comments:

Brian and Janette said...

Way to go Tanner and Porter! Such cute kids...can't wait for baby Della!

Stephanie said...

Looks like a good time. We are going to get Ethan a bike for his birthday next week. I noticed the boys have knee pads,I didn't think about those. Have they helped your boys to avoid skinning there knees? Yeah... Looks like he'll have a blast!
How exciting baby #3 is so close!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good time ...
He is cute...
___________________
Melvin
Online Marketing of your brand