Thursday, January 14, 2010

I was looking at Lisa's ( my sis-n-law) blog and saw her "tag your it" list of things about her. I was thinking " Ohh I'm sure glad thats not me". Well at the end she taged me!!  I'm not one to talk about myself...thats why I love having kids so I can talk all about them. Well here you go...a little insight to ME!!

10 random things that make me happy
(in no specific order)

1-- SLOPPY WET KISSES! No not from Rusten...my kids!! I love when they're babies and they have slobber drooling down and they wanna give you a kiss and all they know is to keep their mouth open. All the while giggling with a sparkle in their eyes! Ohh I could just eat them up at that stage!

2-- THE NOTEBOOK! I love this movie...I have no idea why, actually. I just do!! On nights that Rusten is working, having to stay late to finish up something...I stay up watching this. I can't sleep when he isn't beside me, so this occupies my time until he get home.

3-- WAKING UP TO BREAKFAST! Some weekend mornings, Rusten will get right up and start making breakfast for us. I love walking into the kitchen, with the smell of bacon greeting me!

4--PLAYING TOGETHER! I love watching Rusten and the boys play together. Him teaching them things only a daddy can do!

5-- LAUGHTER!  I love watching and hearing the kids laughing at each other. Trying to find their tickle spots or making funny faces at one another. Their's no other sound in the world that comes close to laughter of your own kids!

6--DATES! I love going out on dates with Rusten. Even the simple dates of going grocery shopping or just staying home. As long as we can hold each other hand while doing it!

7--EARLY BED TIME! I love putting the kids to bed early on weekends so Rusten and I can watch a movie and stay up late.

8--SWEETS!  I'm always craving chocolate or atleast something sweet. I always have to after dinner! (no wonder I can't lose weight)

9--TEACHING! I love when the boys repeat something that I've taught them or do together.

10--SLUSHIES! On weekends we typically go to QT if the boys are being good to get a treat...I always get a slushy. They make my day!




10 things about me
(you probably didn't know)

1-- I have sweaty hands and feets. I've been told this has happened because it has something to do with the nerve endings not being connected.  They have a surgery I could do...but I don't feel the need for it to be done, plus its a conversation starter when people ask.

2-- Any time I leave the house, the kids all have to be dressed nicely and their hair combed. Its a weird little quirk, but I feel like if they are put together looking nice...then I must have everything together and control of things. It really helps on days I feel like I can't do anything right.

3-- Sometimes I get accused of being in a bad mood or not having fun with we're at other people's houses. And its nothing like that...I just don't feel like talking or I can't think of anything to say. I'm prefectly happy being quite.

4-- I'm a very routine person. Of course with little children you have to have some type of a schedule to stick to every day. But I pretty much make the same meals, only just a little changes here and there. If we go out to eat I get the same thing every time. Actually I'm probably routine because I hate making choices, I'm afraid of making the wrong one decision.

5-- I love to get in the car and drive. Even if we have no destination, just driving around looking at different things and talking. The kids are so good in the car expecally if you give them a candy and a slushy.

6-- I am such a snuggle bug. Rusten isn't really into snuggling, so I wanted to make sure when Tanner was born that he'd snuggle with me and I've succeeded with all my kids.

7-- When Rusten or the kids are gone, I worry about them (expecally when they are driving). And if I call who ever it is and they don't answer their phone, I start freaking out and expect the worse has happened. So I've had to work hard fixing this unnessarey anxiety that I have. And learn to calm down and just keep waiting and trying to call before over reacting.

8-- So I'm not really one to get excited about playing card games or any games as a group. I'm just not very good at them, so I just feel stupid losing over and over.

9-- I hate going clothes shopping. If I can't find something at the store for me in less than 15 mins. I won't keep looking, I just won't buy anything. But I will search and hunt for clothes for Rusten and the kids.

10-- I hate keeping surprises and secrets. I'm just not good at that...it drives me crazy not being able to talk about it. I think its genetic that I inherited from my dad!

So with this... I tag my mom and dad! (its fun learning more things about you as a person not just my parents)

3 comments:

Darren and Ashley said...

I am glad you found me! I am now going to add you to mine. I love your cute little family. I hope to see you at Hannah's wedding. It has been such a long time since we have seen each other. If you want to add me darrenandashleysparks.blogspot.com, email is ashley361@hotmail.com

Stephanie said...

I love to read these...but I don't enjoy doing them either.

Lisa said...

YOU did a great job.I loved reading all of it!!

PS I got your invitations. THANKS