For FHE, I would get his nursery lessons and have that as our little lesson. Of course he would get into them while I was giving it, but once it was over he wouldn't remember anything. So for last weeks we made magic bars and showed him that each ingredient is okay by it self, but once you put it all together it makes something wonderful. This is how we did it. First you mix butter and graham cracker to make the crust (mommy and daddy getting married). Then add peanut butter chips (Tanner--you don't have to add this but its his favorite) and chocolate chips ( Porter). Some coconut (the gospel) and to top it off some eagle brand condensed milk (love). Tanner loved the concept of that--plus the thinks his family tasted great.
So last night I needed to find something along those lines. His favorite story is Jonah and the Whale. So we somewhat acted it out. We started out on the bed (land) and started to tell the story of Jonah not wanting to be a missionary and not following rules, so he ran away to a boat (the bath--actually took one) and the rain and wind started (the shower got turned on) and they had to jump off the boat and a whale was there to get them (daddy) and while Rusten held on to Tanner I asked him what he needed to do to get out of the whale. Tanner told the rest of the story. Once we got the boys dressed to be missionary's ( pj's). Tanner had to teach daddy the whole story of Jonah and the whale. So this week Tanner is working on following the rules and doing it the first time, because if the waites toys/TV/games will get taken away from him.
I'm writing this for 2 reasons. One for help to see if anyone else has idea's like this for next week and two just to remember ( I forget everything).
Ohh one more thing, while I was putting Porter down for the night, Tanner runs up to me gives me a big hug and says "You make my heart happy". I must be doing something right (well atleast last night I did--today's a new day)!!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











4 comments:
aw..how sweet that you make his heart happy! ...love those kind of days. And I might just have to steal the FHE idea of Jonah & the whale story for lesson time!
Sounds like fun Danae! You're creative...
You make my heart happy too! You are such a wonderful mom and example to others (especially me) thanks for sharing!
Keegan loves earning money so he can buy himself the toy or whatever he is wanting at the time, so we have a quarter jar. The money in the jar is MINE, and if I yell he gets to take a quarter from it for himself; if he doesn't listen the first time he's asked he has to put a quarter in my jar. Don't know if that helps, but so far its working for us! Taking toys and stuff from him didn't bother him, so that's what I came up with. He loves that he gets to get Quintin or I "in trouble" when we yell, and it helps us too!
I love the FHE ideas! Very cute!
Post a Comment