(his middle name is after Rusten)
I got tagged by Rusten's cousin Teresa to do a pregnancy survey, so here goes...
Mommy~
Name- Danae
Age- was 20 when I had Tanner (just shy of 21 by a couple of days)
was 22 when I had Porter (almost 23 by a month)
Hair- brown with blond highlights with both
Eyes-hazel
Children- 2 boys
Daddy~
Name-Rusten
Age-21 with Tanner
23 with Porter
Hair- shaved head
Eyes-green/hazel
Children-2 boys
Finding out~
How did you find out?-pregnancy test with both (not planned but totally excited)
Who was with you?- I was by myself in the bathroom LOL
How did you feel?- totally excited but scared both times (all those stupid ~what if~ questions)
Who was the first one you told?- Rusten
How did the dad find out?- just told him, waving the stick in front of him (lame I know)
How did he react?- excited with a big ol' grin ( wanted to tell everyone, but I told him to wait)
Grandparents~
How did your parents react- my mom was excited and she told my dad ( I was too embarrassed)
How did his parents react?- his mom was happy for us ( it was # 14-15 gandkids)
Did they check up- I did more of the checking up, I called my mom about every little thing
Pregnancy~
Due date-3/15/05 & 2/14/07
How many babies?- just 1 for each pregnancy
Girl or boy?- boys for both (maybe a girl next time)
Heart beat?- fast and normal for boys
Movement?- all the time for Tanner expecially when music played
Porter ran out of room to move to much but still tried
Birth~
Where did you have your baby?- Tanner was at Banner Mesa
Porter at Casa Grande
Natural or medicated?- Tanner totally medicated
Porter natural
Did you cry when you first held your baby?- I didn't get to hold Tanner for a few days by the time I held him the shock of motherhood set in and didn't know what to think just yet about him.
With Porter it was either sweet or tears rolling down my cheeks probably a little of both ( he gave me alot of trouble coming out).
Scared about labor?- with Tanner I didn't know what to expect, just knew that I wanted meds so I didn't feel any pain
with Porter not at all, knew I could do it
Random questions~
What were your cravings? Tanner-McDonald's french fries and nuggets, Carmel popcorn (homemade by my mom) and spicy food ( I wanted to get heartburn, wierd I know)
Porter- didn't have them, just knew I didn't want pizza (the thought would just gag me)
When did you go into labor? I had the boys a week early for both.
with Tanner started having contr. around midnight went into hosp. about 5 got sent home. started having them more often but didn't want to go back so soon after but finally went in about 8 or so (I think)
with Porter I knew I was going to go into labor that next day so we stayed the night at my moms. started having contr. around 5 went in at 6 (had to wait a long time in lounge for shift change just to get admitted)
How long? Tanner was about 16 hours in hospital and almost 24 hours all together
Porter was about 6 hours
Any complications? Tanner had some problems when he first took his first breath of air it somehow got air bubbles outside his lungs and they thought his heart wasn't in the right spot. (with a blessing and prayers it all turned out perfect)
Stretch marks- to many to count
Enjoy your pregnancy? I loved being pregnant cuz I could eat what ever I wanted, but hated it in the 9th month expecially with Porter he was so big my body had to expand way more than its suppose to.
Read pregnancy books?- read one with Tanner but not for Porter
Baby showers? for Tanner I had 3 (my family, Rusten's family, and co-workers)
none for Porter ( already had everything)
How many kids- 2 beautiful little boys
Funny pregnancy memory- I can't think of anything that was so funny to write
Theme of baby room- blue gigum (sp) with diffent colored stars
Morning sickness?- just a little bit with both of them, more tired than anything else
I tag... all the mom's to do this for journal purposes!!













3 comments:
well i will leave a comment about my experience with tanner... you told me like a few months later and i went to bed that night and had a dream that you told me you were pregnant so when i woke up i didnt know if it was true or not so for a few weeks i didnt know it was very weird well thats it and this post was kinda cool i didnt know most of it
This would fun except I don't know if I could remember all of them. But I did remember all of the stuff with Tanner and Porter. You let me be apart of most of it. THANKS - Love ya sis. Your a GREAT mother too!
Hey Danae! Just wanted to stop by and say hey! This was a fun post to read. I don't know if I could remember all that from my pregnancies. You're right, I should do this for journaling purposes. We need to hang out. School started again so my days are a little more predictable now. Hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment