Monday, May 16, 2011

I can never stay up to date!!

Pictures of what's been going on the last couple months! (Update below the pictures)

 Weather finally got better!
We went and got bikes for the family!

 Baby Girl!!

 The lake by our house that we ride too!


 Are they leaving me?
 I'm going to follow them!
I will catch up!
Rusten and I went to a car race and sat in the pit (a guy he works with races)
Visiting AZ (saying goodbye to Alena and Kensey)
Porter's obsession and Della's way to bother him
The new addition to our family...a turtle
Our first hockey game ( the boys are now signed up for ice hockey)
Getting home from AZ Easter Sunday to get their baskets
 Bangs in the eyes ( I've cut them last Sunday)
 So excited to be home but crying each night for Papa and Nana

 Visiting the Winter Quarters Temple and cemetery

 These two are way too similar (running around everywhere)




 Brotherly Love!!
 Tanner trying to stop her
 Rusten's mom was up here for two weeks
 My men all ready for church
Our Family!!

So there's a few pictures of the last couple months. Here's the update:

Tanner- is almost done with kindergarten! Only two more weeks left and he'll become a 1st grader wow!! He's growing up way to fast! He's excited for the summer because he'll be starting ice hockey and be able to relax without the pressures of school and trying to fit in. Since he's started school up here he has learned to read and write... and his love of drawing!! 
In case you can't read what he has written it says "I love you mom I hope you can have a good day From Tanner" and the picture is of me and him. As you can tell he sounds out the words to write and is encouraged by his teacher!
 
Porter- can't wait for school to get out so he doesn't have to wait all day for Tanner to get home. He's excited to also start ice hockey next month. The school district was testing children for their preschool program and he was accepted to start in Aug. when school starts. He's so excited to start even though its only for a couple hours during the afternoon but it is every week day. He has also been testing what he can and can't get away with. I've had to get a checklist for the boys of how they've acted that day and if they did their little chore list. It seems to be helping them and me! It's a reminder for them to treat each other nicely and not talk back when asked to do something. He and Della play outside since the weather has been so nice lately. He also likes to watch different movies and shows by himself and play video games when Della is sleeping so I can get some things done.
 
Della- is like that commercial about the sour patch candy. When the candy does something bad and then nice. "First they're sour then they're sweet". That sums up her whole attitude! She likes to hit, bite and anything else that is bad, then she turns around and gives out hugs and kisses to make up for it. While typing this she was up on top of the table smashing all my mother's day flowers and taking all the petals off and is now sitting right beside me being as sweet as ever giving herself hugs!! That girl don't know what to do with her sometimes!! She's also trying to potty train but I think its just another accessory that she likes. She changes her undies all the time as if she understands what going potty is all about but she's just not getting it. So I'm just trying to stick with it when she wants to and not push her or get upset. She also had her first hair cut well not hair but her bangs last Sunday on mother's day. I had to call up Kensey and have her explain how to cut bangs and I was able to do it no problem!! She's also understanding different things I will say to her and will answer uh-uh for yes or shake her head for no and will follow simple commands. Even though she can't talk fully...we can all understand what she is wanting. She makes it very clear with her pointing skills and memory of where everything is. She's the princess of this castle!!
 
Rusten is really busy with work. He's been building a plant in Council Bluffs, Iowa which is about 20 mins or so from our house. We like to go visit on day's we have nothing going on (doesn't happen very often). Porter likes to see all the machinery and loaders but also I like to drive over there because to get there you have to cross the Missouri River and makes me think of all the people who have crossed it and the pioneers of course.  When he's not at work, he likes to be outside that's why we got the bikes. He's was excited to get out the lawn mower and be a landscaper for the day and our front and back yard greatly appreciated it was getting pretty long. As you can tell with the kid's update that's what I've been doing too!! We stay pretty busy and try to add in different things to do with the kids on the weekends. I've also just finished my first class as becoming a sophomore. I'm super excited and can't wait until I've gotten my Associates under my belt and move onto a Bachelor's. And can't wait until Rusten gets his too, we'll probably will be getting our Associates about the same time. Rusten's probably more excited to get his, mainly because he's tired of being in school and wants something to show for it.  We've said goodbye to Alena and her living with us, my parents who came up in March and us down in AZ in April, and to Rusten's mom who just left last week. We were sad to say goodbye each time but can't wait to see Brandon and Marcy in July to visit us!! We love when people come to visit (hint...hint)!! I think that's about it for now...at least of what I can think of that is update worthy!! Better get back to being a mother and not a blogger...Porter is cutting up paper of pictures he has drawn, Tanner is asking tons of questions, Della is running around naked and looking out the front window waiting for daddy and dinner needs to me made!! Better get going... 

2 comments:

Cara said...

I just think your kids are so darling! Glad you guys seem to be enjoying it here. Biking around the lake sure can be fun! :)

Brian and Janette said...

Sure miss you guys but glad you are having fun!